2014 Spring Drive

Home Forums General Club Discussion News and Announcements 2014 Spring Drive

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  janetk 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

janetk
    Participant

Annual RMC Spring Drive/Lunch 2014

Gary Odehnal, Coordinator

OK, this is the event we have all been waiting for. That’s right; it’s our Annual Spring Drive, Saturday, May 10th, 2014. Dust off your M3, M Roadster or favorite Bavarian iron let’s get out on the kind of roads all that expensive machinery was designed for. As promised, this one will be another tour for lots of great roads and outstanding scenery. This year its back to the Northern Colorado Roads. You should plan on spending the whole day away from home. Your return to Denver will be before 5pm, weather and traffic permitting.
    This drive is exactly the same route we have enjoyed on other Northern Colorado spring drives but I never get tired of it, and nobody has ever complained about the open roads or varied and outstanding high mountain scenery. North Park and the high mountains of the Rawah and Mt. Zirkel Wilderness are just breathtaking.

The tour will start out at Co’s BMW where the groups will gather to enjoy one of our favorite and impressive dealerships, the sales and management staff has been very accommodating, Thank You! And don’t forget to take a few minutes to check out the new M5 sedan (very cool). Here, we will divide the group into four different subgroups so that we can better manage all level of drivers. There will even be a group for “tour” drivers that are along for the social and scenic aspects of the drive, we will have a group that fits your drive goals.

The actual drive will begin with a trip north to Laramie following Hwy 287, along the route of the historic Overland Stage coach; we just cover the ground a little faster. After a brief rest-stop in Laramie, we then continue south to Walden for a special buffet feast at the famous “River Rock Café” in beautiful downtown Walden. You will be impressed by their new asphalt parking lot were we can park our “special” cars and the rough hewn logs and rustic interior of this local historic gathering place.
    After lunch, its south to Rand on Hwy 125 and over Willow Creek Pass. This is one of Colorado’s premier Sports car routes; you really don’t want to miss this road with long sweeping curves, beautiful high alpine meadows and spectacular mountain scenery. Just keep your eyes on the road! It ranks as a must drive in my logbook every year. Then we come back down to earth in Granby where will stop to share some afternoon Ice Cream treats.

I can’t decide if I’m in for the incredible drive or all the good food! Come for both and you will be impressed by all the above and the wonderful spring scenery and open roads in Northern Colorado.
    So clear the board of “Honey Dews” because you really don’t want to miss this drive. The Denver group should plan on leaving the 120th Ave Park and Ride no later than 8:30am. We “lucky” Northern Colorado Homeboys will be meeting the Denver contingent at 9:15am at Co’s for a 10am departure time. In order to hold your lunch reservations, please forward your sign up. Expect lunch to be a soup and sandwich buffet, with a cost of about $12-14/person, depending on total numbers. If you have any questions or would like to volunteer to be the Denver brigade commander call me at 970-219-9821 or email me at g.odehnal@gmail.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.