Tire Rack Street Survival School® for Teens

The Rocky Mountain Chapter of the BMW Car Club of America, will again, be hosting a Street Survival School on Saturday June 15, 2013.

We’d like to invite you to register your teenager for this valuable class. Street Survival is a safe driving and car control program for drivers 16 to 19 years of age. It is, truly, a unique opportunity for them to gain real life experience in many different driving situations, all in a controlled environment with trained and experienced instructors. You don’t have to be a member of the Rocky Mountain BMW Car Club or own a BMW to participate in this event. All students must have a valid driver’s license on the day of the event. We are sorry but we cannot make exceptions to this requirement.

On the day of the event, there will be classroom instruction for our teens as well as driving their cars through the various exercises, which a skilled professional has designed. We want our students to bring the cars they normally drive so they can get a feel for how their cars react. We will have volunteers perform a general technical inspection on all the cars with the student. However, the car must be in good running condition with plenty of tread on the tires and good brakes to be eligible to participate.

Our event will be held Saturday, June 15, 2013 from 8 am – 4 pm at Sports Authority Field at Mile High (1701 Bryant Street) in Denver, CO. We will be in parking Lot A. The cost is $75 per student. Lunch is included for all students as well as a 1-year membership to the BMW Car Club. According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), 36.4% of all teen accidents are alcohol-related. Street Survival’s mission is to reduce the other 63.6% of teen accidents caused by driver error.

Some key points about the Street Survival for Teens program are:

Street Survival™ goes beyond drivers education to teach teens to avoid accidents before they happen.

Street Survival™ is a unique hands-on driving experience that puts each student behind the wheel of his or her car with a trained instructor one-on-one, all day.

The instruction takes place on a large, closed parking lot, so teens can experience emergency driving situations in a controlled environment. We teach skid control, ABS braking, accident avoidance, and emergency lane changes among many other good driving skills and habits.
For more information and for a list of FAQ’s please go to www.streetsurvival.org or e-mail [email protected]
Register at: www.streetsurvival.org and click on “Registration/School Schedule”, then look for the June 15, 2013 school to be held at Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, CO. Click on it and start your registration process.

Mark your calendar and don’t delay registering. This event is limited to 30 teen drivers. Parents are welcome to watch, or even better, to volunteer and help run the event!